Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Student Services and other Bachelor Degree topics.
Academic advisors are specially trained to provide students with the online bachelors degree resources they need. When you meet with your academic advisor, you should be prepared to have a planning session about your courses and your career goals. Here are some tips to get you started on your first advising session:
- Have an idea of your course curriculum, and what classes interest you. If some of your courses are e-learning or virtual classrooms, make sure you get the full amount of credits for that course.
- If you're taking online courses, map out your online degree plan with your academic advisor to make sure you stay on schedule.
- Ask any questions, thoughts or concerns about the online degree program
- Share your goals and hopes for the future of your career. Your advisor should know as much about your personal and professional goals as possible to help guide you in your course curriculum.
Your academic advisor should:
- Assist you in making plans for your education and career
- Help you chart a realistic and complete degree plan
- Have references and suggestions available for you upon graduation
- Keep all of your information private, as required by law
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|